Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fill-up, Tuesday, March 1, 2011

392.9 miles
7.126 gallons
$3.299/gallon

55.14 mpg
4.27 L/100km


Wentworth's complete fueling history

With the recent Middle Eastern-instigated spike in oil, you might notice that I fill up more on Tuesdays, when I happen to be across the border in Massachusetts, aka Magical Land of Lower Gas Prices. I realize many folks don't have extra money to spend on gas, but in an imaginary world where people wouldn't have to choose between gas or food, I'd be happy with gas prices continuing to rise, it would be nice for all of us as a hint to use less energy. But I digress...

A relatively disappointing tank, but largely due to circumstances beyond my control. In fact, it's not the tank, really, since that was good for the conditions, but more the individual trips, and the feeling of constantly seeing lower mileage on every single one of them compared to the recent past. I had several highway trips that I never usually take that brought down the mileage quite a bit, seeing mileage as low as 50.1 mpg on the display for some of the shorter trips (yeah, I know, that sounds...whatever, it's low for me!). I also had some torrential downpours and winds (gusts of 40 mph), and a trip of freshly fallen untreated snow and slush, that I managed to get through with 58.7 mpg over 38 miles.


A little trip to New York revealed a wonderful fleet of NYPD Prii.



Now if only we could get around the warm-up in the first five minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment